A civil litigation solicitor is a person who handles cases related to civil law. This includes cases involving contractual disputes, and any other case where another person or business is suing a person or business for breach of contract, debt or any other monetary dispute. Furthermore, civil litigation solicitors work with their clients to gather evidence and prepare arguments before going to court.
What does a Civil Litigation solicitor do?
The responsibilities of a Civil Litigation Solicitor vary depending on the type of litigation, but they generally include the following:
- A civil Litigation solicitor is responsible for representing clients in civil matters, such as disputes over contracts or torts. Civil Litigation solicitors work with clients on a wide range of issues, including:
- Contract disputes (e.g., breach of contract)
- Property disputes (e.g., trespass or nuisance)
- Business disputes (e.g., wrongful termination)
- Personal injury claims (e.g., car accidents)
- Civil Litigation solicitors work with clients to identify their case’s best course of action and guide them through the process from start to finish.
- They help clients understand how the law apply to their situation and advise them on protecting their rights under those laws.
- A civil Litigation solicitor may also be called upon to negotiate settlements between parties involved in a dispute or draft contracts that specify the terms under which two parties will do business together.
- If litigation becomes necessary, a civil Litigation solicitor will represent their client in court proceedings for case management and trials where necessary.
How much does a Civil Litigation Solicitor Cost?
The answer depends on several factors, including the type of claim you are filing. Suppose you are filing a breach of contract claim between a builder and his client by way of, the cost can range between drafting a settlement proposal to ending up in a full hearing of between £600 and £30,000.00 or more depending on the complexity of the matter, the work involved, the disbursements involved, the experts needed in the case to provide an expert report, court fees and so on.
For small claims cases involving disputes over money owed between two people or companies, the hourly rate can be as low as £196 per hour to deal with the case for you.
At Alfred James, our civil litigation team are dedicated to helping you find the right legal solution for your problem. Whether it’s a business dispute, a property matter, or litigation, we will always help you through it.
We know how difficult it can be to find the right solution when faced with a complicated legal matter. Contact Alfred James today, and we will help you with any questions about your case and how we can assist you.